HEALTHWATCH (CCG) survey on health and care services
(This project is separate to this group, anyone associated with the group or any other group. Karen Morris)
WHO IS IT FOR?
For anyone in England with ME or CFS, even though it says Trafford.
HOW DO I COMPLETE THIS FEEDBACK SURVEY?
You can either do it: –
- Or download PDF HEALTHWATCH ME CFS PATIENT FEEDBACK or HEALTHWATCH ME CFS PATIENT FEEDBACK and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Freepost Plus RTHB-BARA-AJJX, Healthwatch Trafford, 126-150 Washway Road, Sale, M33 6AG.
If you are not from Trafford your responses will be made available to the Healthwatch that covers your area (must be England).
The survey is completely anonymous, you don’t have to give your name and you will never be identified from your answers, so please be as honest as you can. You can give additional feedback or evidence to your local Healthwatch at any time.
WHO ARE HEALTHWATCH?
There are 152 local Healthwatch across England covering each local authority (council) area, and they were created in 2013 following as part of the Health and Social Care Act following changes recommended by the Francis Report. Their aim is to independently collect patient feedback and experience to improve local (and national) health and care services. As well as Local Healthwatch, the umbrella body Healthwatch England exists to raise issues on a national level.
For more information, visit your local Healthwatch (find your local Healthwatch here http://www.healthwatch.co.uk/find-local-healthwatch). Here are some videos made by Healthwatch: –
- General: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2M0aWfuL4
- Interview with chair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTRj8D1ZIA
- Salford local video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zus4YTizmCw
WHAT IS THE HEALTHWATCH ME/CFS SURVEY?
Created and promoted by Karen Morris for Healthwatch Trafford (and Healthwatch throughout England, UK) following concerns raised to them about the treatment of people with ME by health and care services, the survey has been put together to collect real experiences of the system by those that have ME/CFS. It is intended to find out how people are finding their treatment and see where there are areas where more investigation will be required. This project also includes Dr Speight, Invest in ME, 25% ME Group, Tymes Trust and ME Association. The Patients Association have also given positive feedback about this project.
- Healthwatch Trafford news: http://healthwatchtrafford.co.uk/news/mecfs-survey-launched/
- ME Association news: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/2015/04/healthwatch-trafford-launch-major-survey-of-mecfs-services-in-their-area-21-april-2015/
- 25% ME Group news: Summer 2015 http://www.25megroup.org/info_newsletter_extracts.html
- Patients Association news: http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9dd6577cf3f36af3c2f6682ed&id=d09e641174&e=1823294c99
- Thyroid UK https://healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk/posts/131775833/healthwatch-trafford-launch-me-cfs-survey