INFO PACKS FOR DOCTORS
- ME Association: purple booklet for medical professionals (approx. £6).
- Invest in ME Research: for GP packs email email@example.com (they are tailored to the individual).
- Youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPZtpMdUGvQblEJ3IfgYQ8Q
BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH: IiMEC AND BRMEC
International annual meeting/collaboration on global biomedical ME research (run by UK charity Invest in ME Research).
- EVENT/RESEARCH UPDATE DVD:
- OR AS PRINTED BOOKLET: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GENERAL INFO AND FUTURE MEETINGS:
CHECKLISTS AND TERMINOLOGY
- Nice guidelines on ME CFS.
- Scottish Good Practice on ME CFS.
- ME stands for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Encephalitis/Encephalopathy.
- CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and PVFS (Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome).
- ME was called CFIDS in USA in 1980s, 90s, now SEID; and CVS etc in other countries.
- Controversy over the term CFS which many national UK ME charities want removing.
- The term “Spoonie”.
- The condition Fibromyalgia.
- Lymes Disease.
- Dr Berne symptom checklist.
- Dr Myhill treatment checklist.
- Dr Wilson Adrenal Fatigue checklist.
- POTS Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH – NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Invest in ME Research
- Previous Invest In ME Research.
- ME Research UK (£1).
- ME Association (Ramsay Research Fund).
- International Association for CFS / ME Research IACFSME.
BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH – GLOBAL COLLABORATIONS
- European ME Alliance (biomedical research)
- IiMEC (biomedical research)
- BRMEC (biomedical research)
- IACFSME International Association for CFS/ME (biomedical research)
- Helping Hands (Salford only)
- Manchester Coalition for Disabled People
- http://www.healthwatch.co.uk to find your local Healthwatch
- Patients Association helpine
ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES AND SERVICES (non are endorsed, ask others for feedback)
- Trafford residents My Choice various services
- Philip Weeks herbalist, naturopath etc.
- North West College of Homeopathy (plus cheap homeopathy at Kath Locke and other places).
- Cheaper Acupuncture Clinic (plus other places e.g. Angel Centre, Kath Locke etc).
- Self Help Services and Groups.
- Shiatsu College Manchester.
- Fatigue Wise Dr Annice Mukherjee, Hormone Consultant & Fatigue Expert (also works at Salford Royal Hospital).
- Dietary Needs Direct 01453 790 999 Dietary Needs Direct Sells a wide range of products for food intolerances,special diets and natural health care
- Goodness Direct 0871 871 6611 organic and allergy free food, toiletries, books, household products, etc.
- iHerbs Supplier of vitamins and supplements in the USA – cheaper than UK.
- Dennis Gore Pharmacy, Prestwich
(pharmacy, herbal, homeopathy -gives free advice, bulk discount. Can order online) 26 Whittaker Lane, Prestwich, M25 1FX 0161 773 1994.
- Swinton Health Shop (health products and complimentary therapists) 0161 793 0091 177 Moorside Rd, Swinton, Salford M27 9LD.
- Dr Raymond Perrin 0161 773 0123 The Perrin Clinic Oestopathic diagnosis of ME/CFS.
- Gail Sumner-Physiotherapist Westhoughton Clinic: 01942 841088 Bolton Clinic: 01204 522 133 Mobile: 07976 915 314.
- Jan Williams, Lighting Process, Stockport (more mental health, NLP and coping).
- The Sanctuary, 8pm-6am Hulme Manchester 0161 637 0808. Bolton 0300 303 0581. Wigan and Leigh 01942 410522.
- Crisis Point (Stay in up to 10 days. GP referral Manchester Council only).
- Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 (adults: 24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Childline/NSPCC 0800 1111 or email (under 19 year olds: 24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Salford Mind email@example.com 0161 839 30 30.
- Anxiety UK (national centre based in Hulme).
- Assist Trauma.
- Gaddum Centre.
- Access to Work-NW England 0141 950 5327
Access to Work Access to Work can help you if your health or disability affects the way you do your job. It gives you and your employer advice and support with extra costs which may arise because of your needs.
- Job Centre Plus 0800 055 6688 Job Centre Plus Provides services that support people of working age from welfare into work.
- CVS Salford Volunteering (or your local area)
- Do It Volunteering
- Many other independent organisations.