MAIN LOCAL ME/CFS NHS (need GP referral) Manchester NHS self help guide
1. Salford ME/CFS. Dr Mukherjee and Dr Syed, Endocrinology.
0161 206 7049/ 206 5153. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team. Biopsychosocial model.
- Salford Metabolism Clinic including Mitochondria. Dr Mark Holland Unit (and Dr Reena Sharma), etc, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trafford There are no ME/CFS services in Trafford. One was almost approved many years ago before the recession. Trafford use Salford Royal.
2. Bolton, Ashton, Leigh and Wigan Dr Tarek Gaber.
0161 701 4516. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team. Biopsychosocial model.
3. Tameside Rheumatology (former North Manchester ME clinic). Dr Pattrick. Biomedical not biopsychosocial. Last I heard was he was taking on new patients but we have put in a request to the CCG and Healthwatch.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
4. Greater Manchester CFS/ME Service for Children and Young People, psychology department at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, CMFT.
0161 701 4516 email@example.com. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team.
OTHER LOCAL ME/CFS NHS
5. People often say they are referred to other specialists for their ME who aren’t official ME clinics e.g. Stockport, Trafford General. I do not know if they are referred to the wrong department by mistake, or if these are good suitable doctors – please let me know and I’ll update here.
6. East Manchester ME/CFS Service 0161 835 6684. 2nd Floor Woodley Health Centre, Hyde Road, Stockport SK6 1ND. Tina Betts Physiotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org or admin email@example.com. No Doctor or clinical services – GP referral. Biopsychosocial model.
7. Closed down?
Chronic Fatigue Programme Manchester. Nurse and physiotherapist. Anyone not under any current services. Self refer or GP. Includes self-management, pacing, mindfulness and pain management. http://www.mhsc.nhs.uk/services/wellbeing-services/the-chronic-fatigue-programme.aspx.
8. (Out of area patients accepted) Royal Liverpool Uni Hospital (Broadgreen) Tropical & Infectious Disease Unit (3Z) Prescot Street L7 8XP. Dr Alastair Miller firstname.lastname@example.org 0151 706 3836 http://www.rlbuht.nhs.uk
9. Private: Dr Murkherjee (see 1. Salford) http://www.fatiguewise.co.uk/
10. Private and NHS: Yorkshire Fatigue Clinic offer Skype and phone, has a book by Sue Pemberton “Fighting Fatigue: Managing the Symptoms of CFS/ME”. 01904 479922. email@example.com
11. Private: North West Fatigue Clinic, opened late 2014. 01772 285 155 9am-5pm. Skype. 936 Whalley New Rd, Wilpshire, Blackburn BB1 9PH
(55-57 Garstang Rd Preston)
Only Occupational Therapy, Nurse and Clinical Psychology. Do diagnosis – but they can’t do tests or referrals (diagnosed after consultation and list of blood tests for your GP that must be normal).
NON-MEDICAL RETREAT CENTRES (just retreat centres but ME people welcome – check they can accommodate your diet and health needs first)
- Taraloka, North Wales. Buddhist and other events
- Samye Ling, South Scotland. Tibetan Buddhist and other events.
- Manjushri Buddhist, South Lake District.
- Rydal Hall, Lake District. Christian and other events.
- And many others
NATIONAL ME CHARITIES
- ME Association (general)
- Invest In ME Research (biomedical research)
- ME Research UK (biomedical research)
- TYMES Trust (younger ME)
- 25% Severe ME Group (for severe and bedbound ME)
- MEchat email support group by Veronica Jones (Internet)
- Forward ME Group (Parliament group with Countess of Mar)
- ME/CFS Forum (Internet)
- The Grace Charity for ME (Christian, Kent)
- Fibromyalgia FMA UK (Fibro)
- Online self help courses for ME CFS CFIDS Fibromyalgia USA (Fibro)
- TYMES Trust – The Young ME Sufferers Trust and http://www.youngactiononline.com/.
- CFS 20’s
- Various Facebook
GLOBAL COLLABORATIONS (biomedical research)
- This free group (and Facebook).
- Manchester ME Society, Louise Ellis.
- Salford Fibromyalgia Support Group 0844 887 2603 Mon-Fri 10-4pm. Meet once a month 3rd Thurs 1pm. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bolton Bury ME/CFS Support Group.
- Stockport ME/CFS Support Group.
- Tameside Fibromyalgia CFS Support Group.
- Leigh and Warrington ME/CFS Support Group email@example.com. Meet every other Wednesday 11.30am-1.30pm, Courtyard Café Bistro, Lowton, Warrington WA3 2SA.
- Wigan ME Support Group Meet at the Café Bistro, The Belong Centre, Platt Bridge. Meeting are every other Monday 11am-1pm. Run on alternate weeks to Leigh firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL OUTSIDE MANCHESTER
- Kirklees and West Yorkshire
- Leeds Network See leeds Clinical Services page: http://leedsmenetwork.yolasite.com/local-links.php
- Central Lancashire
- And others, search for groups on ME Association