MAIN LOCAL ME/CFS NHS (need GP referral) Manchester NHS self help guide
1. Salford ME/CFS. Dr Mukherjee and Dr Sayed, Endocrinology.
0161 206 7049/ 206 5153. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team. Biopsychosocial model.
- Salford Metabolism Clinic including Mitochondria. Dr Reena Sharma, Dr Mark Holland, etc, email@example.com.
- Trafford There are no ME/CFS services in Trafford. One was almost approved many years ago before the recession. Trafford use Salford Royal.
2. Bolton, Ashton, Leigh and Wigan Dr Tarek Gaber.
0161 701 4516. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team. Biopsychosocial model.
3. Tameside Rheumatology (former North Manchester ME clinic). Dr Pattrick. Biomedical not biopsychosocial.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
4. Greater Manchester CFS/ME Service for Children and Young People, psychology department at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, CMFT.
0161 701 4516 firstname.lastname@example.org. ME/CFS multidisciplinary team.
OTHER LOCAL ME/CFS NHS
5. East Manchester ME/CFS Service 0161 426 5481. No Doctor or clinical services – GP referral. Biopsychosocial model.
6. Greater Manchester Clinical Network Co-ordinating Centre
0161 219 9420 Greater Manchester Clinical Network Co-ordinating Centre The body that coordinates the provision of ME/CFS services in and around Greater Manchester.
7. Chronic Fatigue Programme Manchester. Nurse and physiotherapist. Anyone not under any current services. Self refer or GP. Includes self-management, pacing, mindfulness and pain management. http://www.mhsc.nhs.uk/services/wellbeing-services/the-chronic-fatigue-programme.aspx.
8. (Out of area patients accepted) Yorkshire Fatigue Clinic offer skype and phone, has a book by Sue Pemberton “Fighting Fatigue: Managing the Symptoms of CFS/ME”.
9. (Out of area patients accepted) Royal Liverpool Uni Hospital (Broadgreen) Tropical & Infectious Disease Unit (3Z) Prescot Street L7 8XP. Dr Alastair Miller email@example.com 0151 706 3836 http://www.rlbuht.nhs.uk
10. (Out of area patients accepted private) North West Fatigue Clinic, opened late 2014 new clinic. 01772 285 155 http://www.northwestclinic.co.uk firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Occupational Therapy and Clinical Psychology.
NON-MEDICAL RETREAT CENTRES (just retreat centres but ME people welcome – check they can accommodate your diet and health needs first)
- Taraloka, North Wales. Buddhist and other events
- Samye Ling, South Scotland. Tibetan Buddhist and other events.
- Manjushri Buddhist, South Lake District.
- Rydal Hall, Lake District. Christian and other events.
- And many others
NATIONAL ME CHARITIES
- ME Association (general)
- Invest In ME Research (biomedical research)
- ME Research UK (biomedical research)
- TYMES Trust (younger ME)
- 25% Severe ME Group (for severe and bedbound ME)
- MEchat email support group by Veronica Jones (Internet)
- Forward ME Group (Parliament group with Countess of Mar)
- ME/CFS Forum (Internet)
- The Grace Charity for ME (Christian, Kent)
- Fibromyalgia FMA UK (Fibro)
- Online self help courses for ME CFS CFIDS Fibromyalgia USA (Fibro)
- TYMES Trust – The Young ME Sufferers Trust and http://www.youngactiononline.com/.
- CFS 20’s
- Various Facebook
GLOBAL COLLABORATIONS (biomedical research)
- This free group (and Facebook).
- Manchester ME Society, Louise Ellis.
- Salford Fibromyalgia Support Group 0844 887 2603 Mon-Fri 10-4pm. Meet once a month 3rd Thurs 1pm. email@example.com
- Bolton Bury ME/CFS Support Group.
- Stockport ME/CFS Support Group.
- Tameside Fibromyalgia CFS Support Group.
- Leigh and Warrington ME/CFS Support Group firstname.lastname@example.org. Meet every other Wednesday 11.30am-1.30pm, Courtyard Café Bistro, Lowton, Warrington WA3 2SA.
- Wigan ME Support Group Meet at the Café Bistro, The Belong Centre, Platt Bridge. Meeting are every other Monday 11am-1pm. Run on alternate weeks to Leigh email@example.com
- Greater Manchester Neurological Alliance 0161 743 3701/02/03.
LOCAL OUTSIDE MANCHESTER
- Kirklees and West Yorkshire
- Leeds Network See leeds Clinical Services page: http://leedsmenetwork.yolasite.com/local-links.php
- Central Lancashire
- And others, search for groups on ME Association